Outskirts Press Recommends the Top 5 International Book Fairs Here are five global book fairs authors (and scholars) don’t want to miss:
1) Bologna Children’s Book Fair – This book fair in Italy is a must for children’s book authors. The event will help authors connect with more than 600 journalist representing 70 countries plus more than 4500 trade representatives.
2) Book Expo of America (BEA) Book Fair – This is the largest, most popular industry book fair and publishing event in the United States. Every year, more than 2,000 credentialed media personnel are in attendance along with over 100,000 international attendees, authors, publishers, agents and buyers.
3) London Book Fair – This book fair will help authors connect with over 23,000 publishing professionals from every point in the publishing supply chain. This is the largest, most popular industry book fair and publishing event in the UK.
4) Beijing Book Fair – This is the largest, most popular industry book fair and publishing event in China. No other country has experienced the increase that China has on the world marketplace, and the readership in China represents an enormous opportunity (and gap that needs to be filled) for translations and publishers seeking to feed the frenzy. There is surging consumer demand for all types of books.
5) Frankfurt Book Fair – This is the most popular book fair and publishing event in Germany. Books are exposed to over 250,000 visitors from around the world.