Call for papers for Volume 1, Issue 1 (November 2012)Editors: Janice Bland, Christiane Lütge and Sandie Mourão
CLELEjournal is a new, bi-annual, comprehensively peer-reviewed on-line journal for scholars, teacher educators and practitioners involved in using and researching children's literature in the field of English learning as a second, additional or foreign language. The journal investigates children’s literature as an art form, and as a framework with which to connect L2 literature teaching across the school years. The scope covers the affordances of children’s literature for L2 acquisition with pre-school infants through to young adults.
CLELEjournal will consider contributions on all forms of children's literature: fiction and non-fiction, oral storytelling and picturebooks, fairytales and poetry, comics and graphic novels, educational drama and plays for children and young adults, children’s films and language learner literature. Contributions are solicited that cover the theory or practice of children's literature in the English language classroom, encompassing the sharing of research projects and results, in-depth textual analysis and interpretation, teaching ideas as well as writing and adapting literature for second language education on any of the following topics:
- visual literacy
- critical literacy
- reader-response theory
- intercultural competence and ideology issues
- gender and diversity issues
- the construction of childhood in children’s literature
- the canon of literary texts for TEFL
- teacher education, methodologies and materials design
- Short papers of 2000 words or longer papers of up to 6000 words (excluding references);
- Double-spaced, conforming to APA formatting and referencing style, see
http://flash1r.apa.org/apastyle/basics/for further information;
- Title page to include the author’s name, institution, e-mail address, 50-word bio-data and a statement that the manuscript has not been previously published.
- Images should be integrated into the body of the text. Authors are required to secure permission for any illustrations or figures once their paper has been accepted.
- Manuscripts will be blind peer reviewed.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline April 30th 2012