Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2011: The Summer of Tony Malanga


This summer, I will continue to work on my novel based on the Orpheus myth. It is a reinterpretation set in modern day Egypt and Los Angeles. I am also writing a spec script for the NBC sitcom "Community." Each fall, NBC Universal hires new staff writers for its television shows, and part of the hiring process is to present an episodic writing sample. If hired, new staff writers have the opportunity to pitch an original pilot, which I am also developing. My pilot is a half-hour apocalyptic Boccaccio's Decameron, in which seven survivors of a global pandemic unite in a Napa winery and maintain civilization by working together and by telling tales. I am also keeping my ears open for any local English teaching position. In the words of Galaxy Quest's Commander Nesmith, "Never give up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment