Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cinderella In Pictures Through the Ages

I'm writing about Marissa Meyer's Cinder for my thesis, and I've been looking at the different iterations of Cinderella through the years. I love how various illustrations/images of Cinderella reflect the time period in which they were created. Check out this progression from the 1800s until today:

George Cruikshank (1792-1878)


Arthur Rackham (1867-1939)



Harry Clarke (1889-1931)


Walt Disney (Film: 1950)

The New Yorker (1993)

Dina Goldstein (2009)

And for giggles (and related to that last image), let's not forget Kristen Wiig's hilarious drunk Cinderella:

Finally, there is some wonderful fan art on the internet for Marissa Meyer's Cinder (2012), whose Cinderella character is a working-class cyborg mechanic with metal limbs. I'm especially fond of this image:



No comments:

Post a Comment