Friday, March 30, 2012

from Sylvia Vardell, Bookbird editor, reprint

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My new book: The Poetry Teacher's Book of Lists

I'm so excited to share the news that my latest book is out today-- The Poetry Teacher's Book of Lists. This book has been in the works for 4 years, but took a back seat while I fulfilled my editorial duties for Bookbird, the international children's literature journal (which was wonderful, but all-consuming). I picked up the thread again last summer and just wrapped it up this spring-- just in time for National Poetry Month. I hope you'll help me spread the word. Here's the lowdown:

The Poetry Teacher's Book of Lists is intended to be a comprehensive resource for teachers, librarians, and parents packed with poetry bibliographies and research-based strategies for selecting and sharing poetry with young people (ages 0-18). Need help finding the perfect poem for a holiday celebration or a science unit? A funny riddle poem or a bilingual poetry book? The Poetry Teacher’s Book of Lists contains 155 different lists featuring 1500 poetry books for children and teens

No comments:

Post a Comment