Friday, September 17, 2021

New Graduate Assistant



 Hello everyone!


My name is Lara Amin, and I am currently a second-year graduate student pursuing a master’s in English at SDSU! My specialization is in Children’s Literature, and I’m most interested in literary nonsense like Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Other scholarly interests include gender and sexualities studies and feminist and queer theory.


This fall semester, I am also a TA for English 220: Introduction to Literature. In my course, I strive to help students understand literature on a deeper level, close read various texts using different mediums, and provide a safe space to learn and grow as critical thinkers. 


When I’m not in the classroom, I spend my free time studying astrology and tarot. Astrology has always been a particular interest of mine, and it’s essentially my love language. I utilize astrology with tarot readings to give advice and guidance to others, especially when they need it. To me, astrology and tarot are other forms of close reading, just like with literature. When I’m not studying astrology, I write poetry and post my photography on Instagram


All in all, I am grateful for the opportunity to be a Graduate Assistant at the National Center for the Study of Children’s Literature. ​​I can't wait to see what I will learn from this deep dive into the scholarly conversations surrounding children's literature!


-LA

No comments:

Post a Comment